If your thermostat is not working the right way, you may experience frequent changes in your home temperature. It’s time to reset your thermostat and enjoy the comfort of an air conditioner again.
It is not a difficult task and, once you are aware of its working, you will be able to adjust the temperature as per your comfort. In case you’re facing a major issue with your thermostat, then you should contact a professional AC company in Chandler.
Need to Resetting a Thermostat
If your phone or tablet gets stuck frequently, what is the first step you do? Don’t you prefer to restart? You must have noticed the change in performance after the restart.
The same is the case with the thermostat; if you are experiencing any issues in your HVAC system resetting, the thermostat might help you resolve multiple temperature issues.
Types and Process to Reset a Thermostat
Always check the model number and verify from the manufacturer’s manual for instruction details:
You need to remove batteries to reset a programmable thermostat:
- Switch off the thermostat and open the battery door.
- You might have to remove the thermostat from the wall only if the battery door is on the back.
- Remove the batteries and insert them opposite; the negative side is lined to the positive terminal.
- Let them stay for five seconds and remove the batteries again.
- Now place the batteries in order which will reset your thermostat.
- Verify if your device is working and has resolved all your issues.
Low Voltage Electronic Thermostat
Resetting line voltage thermostats need cleaning components and testing different settings:
- Remove the cover and clean the components with the help of a soft brush.
- Change the thermostat setting to the lowest cooling and clean again.
- Change the settings to the highest cooling and clean the coil.
- Now, you can reset your thermostat to your desired settings.
Digital But Non-Programmable Thermostat
You can reset a digital thermostat by using one of the following steps:
- Take the cover off and click on the reset button for about 5 secs.
- You also have an option to reset this thermostat by removing the batteries for 5 secs.
It is up to you to reset the thermostat; both ways work well in these kinds of thermostats.
Here you need to reset the thermostat using the circuit breaker as they do not run on batteries.
- Switch off your thermostat and search for the breaker which is used to power the HVAC system.
- Switch off the breaker and wait for 30 secs.
- Switch on the breaker and the thermostat.
Apart from this, there are multiple units to take care of and, if you are worried about the best HVAC services in Chandler, you can stop hunting for them now.
Monster Air & Mechanical LLC Services
Are you still facing temperature issues after resetting the thermostat?
Connect with our HVAC service in Queen Creek. Skilled technicians will identify all the issues and suggest the best plan to maintain its efficiency. Call us at (602) 616-0127 or send in your request via email.